Nominations for the 2017 Lord Mayor's Business Awards have now closed. View the 2017 Finalists.
The 2017 nomination categories are:
- Australia Tradecoast Award for Outstanding Small Business: companies with no more than 20 employees displaying excellence in running a small business in Brisbane.
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation: companies which demonstrate product or process innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- APLNG Award for Business Innovation: companies which demonstrate business model or marketing innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- ISPT Award Digital Adoption Strategy: companies demonstrating the most significant advancements achieved in their business using digital technology.
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment in Brisbane: companies which established new divisions or projects in Brisbane during the 20015/16 and 2016/17 financial year.
- ANZ Award for High-Growth Business Start-Up: high growth-potential start-up companies that are tackling global markets and are aiming to achieve rapid growth through technological or business model innovation.
- Energex Award for Sustainability in Business: companies operating in Brisbane which demonstrate excellence in green business practices and sustainable energy use. Nominations may be for a single initiative or an overall strategy within a company.
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia: recognition of outstanding performance in building trade between Brisbane and Asia in service, manufacturing or value-added industries.
- Singapore Airlines Award for Young Business Person of the Year: individuals who are 35 years and under, and who have had significant success benefiting both their company and the city of Brisbane.
- Channel Seven Award for Business Person of the Year: individuals who have had outstanding achievement and contribution to Brisbane business.
- Optus Business Platinum Award: for outstanding business contribution in 2016/17 is awarded to the most outstanding category winner.