Brisbanes Christmas jobs support hardest hit local entertainment industry
Updated: 24 December 2021
Brisbane’s Christmas calendar of events not only lit up local spirits, but also provided seasonal work for some of the industry’s hardest hit sectors.
From acrobatic performers and choristers, to graphic designers and Santa’s elves, more than 100 entertainment and creative jobs were supported in the lead up to Christmas 2021.
The ‘Christmas on Queen’ mall campaign employed 20 local entertainers, performing 82 acts throughout 22 days of the program, and brought smiles to shoppers while they navigated last-minute retail activity.
Another 50 singers, dancers, acrobats and actors brought Christmas cheer to the city through choir and stage shows.
The decorations throughout the City Centre, including the walk-through Santa and reindeer were wrapped by a local Brisbane printer using recycled plastic, and required around 40 team members over three nights to install. Locals were also employed for the installation of the Christmas tree in King George Square and for the roving festive entertainment in Queen Street Mall.
The Christmas in Brisbane campaign provided local employment for the following:
- The Little Red Company – entertainment for the lighting of the Christmas Tree
- IZIT? Entertainment – ‘Christmas on Queen’ performances and street theatre
- Starz Production Team – Choirs and Christmas stage shows
- Chas Clarkson (Brisbane Office) – Christmas decorations installation and removal in Queen Street Mall
- Brisbane production crew for installation and show run – The Lott by Golden Casket City Hall Lights