Government support for tourism businesses affected by COVID-19
Updated: 8 June 2020
Government support is available to Brisbane region tourism businesses affected by COVID-19.
Support measures include the following:
- The $50 million tourism recovery package is available to fast-track tourism projects and help theme and animal parks.
- The Queensland Government has outlined a list of fee relief for tourism businesses.
- The State Government has launched a business assistance finder to help companies navigate the range of support available.
- The Queensland Government has released a framework, checklists and factsheets on how to make your business COVID Safe.
- The Brisbane City Council has outlined what support it is giving local businesses.
- The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) has curated online resources that can assist businesses with managing cash flow, business planning and development, social media, being domestic tourism ready, government support available and COVID-19 best practices.
- QTIC has also developed the COVID-19 CLEAN business module, based on the Quality Tourism Framework platform, which gives operators access to a national COVID-clean logo aimed at reassuring travellers of the industry’s ability to provide safe experiences.
- The National COVID-19 Coordination Commission has created an online tool to help businesses develop a plan to keep their workers, customers and the community safe as they reopen or increase their activities.
Further tourism business support advice is located here.