2017 Lord Mayor’s Business Awards now open for nominations
The 2017 Lord Mayor’s Business Awards were launched at City Hall by Lord Mayor Graham Quirk who announced a new category.
“The Lord Mayor’s Business Awards celebrate excellence, success and innovation – hallmarks of the Brisbane business community which contributes so much to our $146 billion economy,” Cr Quirk said.
“The awards are now in their 12th year and continue to attract record numbers of entries. They really highlight why an increasing number of decision-makers worldwide are choosing Brisbane for business, investment, study and convention.
“It is important we ensure they reflect current trends which is why this year we introduce a new category – the Award for Outstanding Small Business. We now also have two Innovation awards, giving us another opportunity to recognise the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our Brisbane’s businessmen and women.”
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk said the awards aligned with the priorities of the Brisbane 2022 New World City Action Plan which aims to nurture companies positioned to capitalise on global markets.
“The awards are a platform on which we can showcase the energy, drive and passion behind our businesses and attract high quality nominations from a wide range of industries,” Cr Quirk said.
“Each year I never cease to be amazed and impressed by the depth and diversity of Brisbane’s business community. In 2016 there were many highlights, including Joe Andon of Vuly Play being named our youngest ever Business Person of the Year. I expect 2017 will be another memorable year.
“I must also thank our 2017 sponsors – ANZ, Australia Pacific LNG, BDO, Brisbane City Council, Channel 7, Energex, HSBC, ISPT, Optus, Port of Brisbane, Queensland Urban Utilities, Singapore Airlines, Sirromet and Staging Connections. Without their support, there would be no awards.”
The 2017 winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner on Friday 27 October, where they will join LMBA winners from past years.
There are 11 award categories in total, with eight open to businesses:
- Award for Outstanding Small Business
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation
- Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
- ISPT Award for Digital Adoption Strategy
- ANZ Award for High-growth Business Start-Up
- Energex Award for Sustainability in Business
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment In Brisbane
And two awards open to individuals:
- Singapore Airlines Young Business Person of the Year Award
- Channel 7 Business Person of the Year Award
One outstanding category winner (chosen from a business award winner):
- Optus Business Platinum Award
- Wednesday 17 May - Nominations open
- Friday 21 July - Nominations close at 5pm
- Early September - Finalists announced
- Friday 27 October - Gala Dinner and winners announced
Visit lmba.com.au for more information and nominations.