LMBA nominations are closing soon
Get in fast, as nominations for the prestigious Lord Mayor’s Business Awards will close at 5:00pm this Friday, 21 July.
The gala awards dinner, to be held on 27 October 2017, is a celebration of Brisbane’s thriving business community and its contributions towards the city’s growing $146 billion economy.
In response to growing trends, this year’s awards have introduced new categories acknowledging the contribution of small businesses and innovation.
Individuals are encouraged to nominate themselves or their businesses in as many of the following categories that fit their business:
- Australia TradeCoast Award for Outstanding Small Business
- Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Production Innovation
- ISPT Award for Digital Adoption Strategy
- ANZ Award for High-Growth Business Start-Up
- Energex Award for Sustainability in Business
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment in Brisbane
- Singapore Airlines Award for Young Business Person of the Year
- Channel 7 Award for Business Person of the Year
- Optus Business Platinum Award
LMBA is a great opportunity to publicly recognise and celebrate a business’ success, leadership, growth or innovation.
Brisbane-based Trevor Lee’s company Australian Country Choice (ACC) has won four LMBAs, giving the business an enormous boost both at home and in its valuable 20-plus international markets.
“The Lord Mayor’s Business Awards shine a light on the deep pool of talent in Brisbane’s business and start-up community,” said David Foote, Managing Director of ACC which operates one of the world’s largest vertically integrated beef supply chains from its Australia TradeCoast headquarters.
“Winning the awards in 2008 (Business Growth), 2009 (Business Innovation) and 2016, represented a massive and quite public vote of confidence for our business, and the whole team across the Australia Country Choice group were very proud of the achievement.
“The awards, especially Doing Business in Asia in 2016, have really helped lift our profile to another level. They are held in very high regard by our new and existing trading partners. I definitely recommend entering.”
Undoubtedly, this year’s Business Awards will celebrate similar inspiring success stories — and provide valuable exposure for Brisbane businesses.
For more information on nominations and the awards, please visit lmba.com.au