What We Do
Brisbane Economic Development Agency (BEDA) plays a vital role in growing Brisbane’s economy, driving demand for Brisbane, and creating growth and trade opportunities for local Brisbane businesses.
We are taking a lead role in driving Brisbane’s economic recovery, working with city leaders, partners and local businesses to deliver initiatives with immediate and sustainable economic impact for Brisbane.
We are focused on delivering a series of high-impact economic growth initiatives that will create employment opportunities and raise living standards for the people of Brisbane.
With a sharp focus on economic recovery and efficiency, BEDA is delivering the initiatives that will have the greatest impact for Brisbane
We are the agency responsible for:
- Delivering recommendations from the Lord Mayor’s Economic Recovery Taskforce
- Securing business and manufacturing in Brisbane
- Supporting industry growth and trade in priority sectors
- Securing conferences, conventions and business events for Brisbane
- Attracting major events to Brisbane and its surrounding region
- Serving as the regional tourism organisation for Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Moreton Bay, Redlands Coast and Somerset.